forgetting something important
ok, should blog about something. it's been a while and it doesn't look good to have that previous entry on the top for so long.so i am starting 7 days of night shifts again. they were alright last time so i have a little more confidence this time. However, it occurred to me today that i was depending too much on myself. Today, someone said that it must be aweful doing these shifts (having your days and night sall turned upside down) and that they'd pray for me re them. I thought na, i don't need prayers for these shifts, i did ok last time and i'd probably fine this time, and if harder cases arise this time, i won't mind being stretched a bit. But then i realised that i totally overlooked that God was looking after me last time i did it. I didn't survive it because of my own abilities. Things went smoothly because God wanted them to, for His own reasons (perhaps to give me confidence). and if things get tough, again, it's all within God's plan (perhaps to challenge and stretch me a bit). So i definitely need prayers for these shifts.
As a matter of fact, I need to pray for almost every aspect of my life. It's so easy to take the good things in life for granted and not appreciating the "little" things. Everything comes from God. the good and the bad. I should pray that everything will happen according to His will (and it will), not necessarily that they'll go as how I'd like it. I need to remember to thank him when things do go well and to seek help from him, first, when they don't.
so it was a good reminder today
<< Home