Forbidden Broadway
gosh, this is really good stuff. forgot all about it until i was cleaning up my usb.We really should do this for a musical night, since we've ran out of musicals to do. Alarra?? Miss C?
I Dreamed a Show
(to the tune of "I Dreamed a Dream" ~ Les Miserables)
Fantine:
There was a time when shows were fun
And they used bright lighting
And the shows weren't so long
And the songs weren't so biting
There was a time
Then it all went wrong
I dreamed a show in days gone by
Where all the scenery looked so pretty
I didn't sing one song then die
And all my costumes weren't so gritty
I did a tap-dance and I smiled
And pathos wasn't overstated
My lips were red, my hair was styled
I didn't act so constipated
But now that misery's in style
It's artistic if you suffer
So they tore my dress apart
And the chorus girls walk lame
I dreamed a show in days gone by
Neil Diamond didn't sing my hit song
A pretty girl they'd glorify
And Act One wasn't so damn long
Come watch us grovel in the dirt
Then buy a souvenir and don it
Rich folks pay twenty bucks a shirt
That has a starving pauper on it
I dreamed a show in days gone by
Where all the sets weren't piles of rubble
I didn't have to belt high E
And be as miserable as me
OK THAT WAS BEING VERY MEAN TOWARDS MY FAV SHOW. try this:
Do You Hear the People Sing?
(to the tune of "Do You Hear the People Sing?" ~ Les Miserables)
Enjolras:
Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the hit songs from Les Mis
It is the best show of a classic
Since they modernised The Wiz
Better learn the songs by heart
And if you don't, they'll call you dumb
They'll be atop the record chart
When the British come
No more Gershwin, no more Kern
We don't need old shows anymore
We set ablaze and burn most every Stephen Sondhiem score
Come join with the few who have started a musical war
Do you hear the people sing?
All of the new songs from Les Mis
Even the great Andrew Lloyd Webber Wished the songs were really his
You'll be ticketed and pinched
If a La Cage song you should hum
Poor Jerry Herman will be lynched
When the British come
Do you hear the people sing?
All of the new songs from Les Mis
Now with our new French Revolution
We'll decapitate The Wiz
Now Les Mis is here to stay
Miss Saigon will leave you numb
Phantom will haunt the Great White Way
When the British come
The British come
<< Home