Wednesday, September 20, 2006

rain and sun

it's quite about Steve E. and wat a brave daughter! brought me to tears and i didn't even know them.

in other news,
the sky's clearing with regard to my current workload. sunshine's predicted for the rest of this week. yeah!!

today, i was soooo free for a period of time, that i could do this:

an unfortunately demented woman who's in a metal neck brace because of a (post-op) fractured neck bone. when i went to see her on my own ward-round, she asked if i knew what time her husband was coming to see her, and preceeded to tell me "I love Harry soo sooo much. He's the love of my life. Oh, I long for him. I want him to hold me. I want to be in his arms. But how can he love me when i'm in such a state? Oh, Harry why don't you come to me? Why don't you love me as much as i love you?" . It was soo sweet and sad at the same time. I didn't have anything wise to say except that I was sure that he loved her* and that he was probably detained somewhere and that it wasn't hospital visiting hours.

But it just got so depressing that I went to call her husband to ask if and when he was coming to see her today. Turned out that he was planning to come in about 2 hours time and had already sent their daughter ahead to the hospital. When i told the patient this, she was certainly very grateful. It's nice when i'm not busy.

* my assumption's based on the fact that he was by her side yesterday when i sent to see her and he looked pretty terrible seeing her like this AND the fact that he'd refused for her to go to a nursing home when she cleared needed this level of care.

|