didn't work for me
TodayTonight had a segment called Eye Chi the other day. methods to correct refractive errors such as myopia (shortsightedness). Interestingly, a lot of the people that took up the exercises reported dramatic improvments in their vision.I was amused to discover, however, that all the methods shown were practiced in China at least 15 years ago. One method was to focus the vision on an object/picture/pieace of reading material that slowlu moves back and forth. This apparently exercises the eye-muscles and somehow improves the vision, (although as far as i can remember, shortsightedness is due to the eye-ball being too ?long or too ?short). I used to attend a clinic weekly and stare at a back&forth moving picture through the lenses of a machine that contained the picture. I also have a batter-charged hand-held device that does the same thing. This method is used in children that have developed myopia.
Another method shown was massaging the area at the base of nose, ie the medial corners of the eyes. You can actually palpate 2 grain-like protrusions in that region if you go deep enough. Well, this is one of a set of 4 Eye Exercises we used to do twice a day in primary school in China. I think they were doing these exercises when my mum was in primary school.
Did they helped maintaining/improving my vision? I dun think so!!! or perhaps my vision would be even worse than -5.0 bilaterally had i not done them?
<< Home